slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickOne View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
I highly recommend Brey Krause seat mounts. They have both direct to floor and side mounts made for factory sliders. 1000x's more simple and cleaner option than what I'm seeing in the pics. None of the BS adaptors, eyelets, etc that you need to use. Seriously a game changer.

PS - I love the car! Did you consider 18" wheels? The Essex brakes open you up the option of running 18" which is a bonus.
While I appreciate the simplicity of the BK slider setup, it's not *that* much different from what I'm running. I also get the option of lower overall mounting height, which is important for me (I'm all torso and have helmet clearance problems in many cars).

The eyelets are sewn into the belts, and come out of my old GT3, so I had them sitting around. They attach to a similar set of brackets as the BK setup. I could achieve the clip-in style of the BK by simply adding an eye-bolt where the eyelets are currently bolted. Clearly, though, the BK setup would make overall installation process simpler - but does make we wonder about centering the seat.

Regarding 18" wheels - no, unfortunately. I picked up the wheels before I decided to move forward with the AP setup. Originally I was going to give the factory brakes a try, but ultimately decided against it after bashing on the AP setup in my RS while at VIR. I'm a brake whore, and once you try the AP kit, it's really hard to use anything else.
The BK mounts would likely get you lower. They offer a direct to floor mount (no slider). Versus the thick universal mount from VAC mated to Sparco side mounts that you are using.

Couldn't agree more on the AP kit. I love mine!

I have some interesting 18" wheel options from BBS laying around if you are interested (e88, GT4...)
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 0