Hingle Mccringleberry
Private
Rep
Drives: '20 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAT TIME RULES View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcvaughan View Post
Apex for sure. Cheap and strong. Not sure about tires just yet as I have not got my car on track just yet. I have a set of R888R's I will be trying out, but I hear they aren't as good as the NT01 that I was using on my M4. I was very happy with those but no sizes for our cars.
I was looking through this as I'm considering second wheels to put dedicated track tires on, but see that the only forged options are 18", which won't fit over the brake calipers. There are 19" flow-form options that would likely work, but at a weight/strength compromise. Would most people would recommend just going flow form? It would be awesome if the company did do 19" forged wheels for the same $ premium as they do over the flow-cast wheel in the 18". It looks like about $200 increase from Flow-formed to equivalent forged wheel in the 18" size. I'd pay that premium for the lighter and stronger wheel in 19" size if I could. Overall, company still seems to be offering great products and good prices when compared to other companies selling forged wheels... I may just get the Flow-formed 19" version and put on some R888Rs or may go broke and balls to the wall with some P Zero Trofeo Rs and get that one hot lap in for a personal record that means something only to me. But I'm sure it'd be fun!
Appreciate 0