01-21-2020, 06:46 AM   #43
///Driver
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by apue View Post
Can you please inform me if there are any hardware changes from Dec/2018 Dec to Jan/2020 built cars? AFAIK, no difference between them.
The best case scenario, BMW may have revised some components based on the number of warranty claims or due to supplier/parts batch change. However, most likely the 2018 M2C are identical to 2020 M2C.

Quote:
...On the other hand if someone considers an Jan/2018 built M2 and try to compare with Dec/2018 built M2, they're different cars! So I would ask minimum 15K discount even if they're built in same year.
That August date you mentioned is the 'Model Year'. That is a car industry fairytale. Only the actual assembly/build date matters from the perspective of value retention. So in the above example, January 2018 and Dec 2018 will have minimal difference in the resale market valuation, assuming that all else is identical (eg. mileage and vehicle condition).

It will have been a different story if M2C was an older model and it was revised or facelifted in August 2018 to coincide with the new model year. However, in this thread, we are assuming the car remained the same.

Quote:
I've seen a couple of case where the dealers did try to cheat customers for the car conditions.
Dealers certainly don't want buyers know the full history of the car.
Sometimes, they hide some minor damage from hail and sell it as undriven demo. Sometimes they repair the car before delivery while on transit.
If those vehicles were represented as brand new cars, that would fraudulent.

If the 'touched-up' or 'fixed-up' cars were demo or used cars, that is pretty much a standard practice. Why? The dealer is selling those cars 'as is'. The responsibility falls on the buyer to inspect the vehicle before purchase. As long as the dealer does not lie and get caught, the buyer can't do anything about it. That is why, if the buyer asks the salesperson if the vehicle was in an accident or ever been repaired? The answer is "Not to my knowledge." Even if the buyer can later prove the demo vehicle was smashed and repaired, unless the buyer can also prove the salesperson knew about it, there will be no recourse.

If I was buying a demo vehicle from a dealership, I will have this written in the contract - "A1 BMW Pty Ltd will declare that the vehicle in this sales agreement was never involved in an accident or sustained panel damage requiring a respray." If the dealer agrees to put that in the contract, they must be pretty confident.

Quote:
In my case I got roughly 10~12K (not 20k) off from the equivalent 2020 BTO and I'm happy with my purchase.
THIS is all that matters Apue! Enjoy your new car and post up a pic when you pick up your car.

Last edited by ///Driver; 01-22-2020 at 01:47 AM..
Appreciate 0