View Single Post
      01-18-2020, 02:26 AM   #48
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asbjorn View Post
The real explanation is probably just that the Supra has a better rear tire to total weight ratio.

Supra rear tires: 275/35ZR19 PSS
M2C rear tires: 265/35ZR19 PSS (optional: cup2)

So while the DCT M2C is 100kgs or so heavier than the Supra, it has slightly narrower tires, meaning a much worse weight to tire ratio.

Finally I think it is fair to assume that the Supra has a better weight distribution for drag racing than the M2C. The M2C is probably more front weight biased due to the 4 seat layout and the track-ready S55 with all of its radiators etc.

I don't think the actual rear suspension package matters much. The M2C probably has stiffer bushings, dampers, sway bars etc and lighter suspension arms. However they are both modern street oriented five link suspensions and whatever differences in toe and camber curves probably wont matter as much as the weight to tire factor.
The Supra also probably has a smaller frontal area and better drag characteristics because of that. The 2 series is very tall and boxy.

The suspension and traction control etc are from the G generation cars so I am sure it puts the power down a lot better.
Appreciate 0