01-14-2020, 04:44 PM   #30
Arbit
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison kayy View Post
Wow, what an in-depth thread. Kudos to you. Very informative and I'll keep in mind everything you said when I decide to purchase my M2C.

I really agree with what you said about demos and floor stock, it's so true. I won't say which bmw but when I went for a test drive last month the car salesman told me this M2C Is brand new it had 16km on the dial, he came with me and after around 15 min I pulled over to take photos and the salesman said let me drive it quickly, first thing he did was turn traction off and did a massive drift up the road. All I could think about was the poor engine and the poor broke who is going to buy it.

I always get built to order when I get my cars.
A dealer in Sydney did exactly same when I had a test drive.
The car was brand new (i.e no registered) and it's already over 100km.
I told the sales we shouldn't accelerate until 2,000km and he said "don't worry about it, we need to pull hard to break-in".
My point is that it's classified as 'Brand new' even though it was used for a test drive few f times. I wondered who would buy it as new.

Having said that, let me ask how many BMW dealerships on earth? They must be doing similar practice. The M2C is a rare/expensive car so they can't afford to have a dedicated loan or a demo car for each dealership. Given that quite a few M2C were sold as new/demo globally, I have not heard any significant issue because they have bought the driven new or demo including the M3/M4/M5 etc.
So pulling hard mildly won't do harm for the cars, IMO.
Appreciate 0