View Single Post
      12-10-2019, 07:46 AM   #10
PilotxERAU
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by asciimike View Post
After five months of planning and waiting, I finally got around to installing a custom set of Cobra Nogaro Circuits in my 2017 M2. Total cost was about $2200 plus an afternoon to install.

I ordered by leather and alcantara from UK Hide, so I didn't have to pay shipping or import tariffs (though I did have to pay VAT, apparently since the hides aren't immediately re-exported and instead turned into something else). I used a full hide of Schwarz Black Basis leather and 1m of Charcoal (9002) backed alcantara, as well as Cobra's provided polar blue stitching.

I probably should have had BMW seat heaters installed, though the folks at HMS told me I can just add them under the pads in the future. That will require me pulling the seat electronics modules off the current seats (or buying new ones) as well as trying to find out how to fit F87 seat heaters into these seats. I may go for E46 ones (they're rectangular) and replace the plugs, or get aftermarket ones and add a thermostat.

As you can see, I'm running a Quickfit Pro. It was a PITA to install, given that the buckle doesn't fit through the harness straps unless you disassemble it partially--which is exacerbated by Schroth filling one of the hex screws with paint to discourage you from doing this. You're pretty well locked in with this combination, and I'm excited for some spirited driving and auto-x in the near future.

My only gripe so far is that the rear seats are nearly impossible to get into/out of (you have to be a fairly slim or small human, and enter through the bottom of the seat and slide your way up, or enter from the trunk...). Once you're there; however, you've got plenty of leg room! So still works to haul kids (or skis), but maybe not your friends.

I haven't coded out all the warnings yet, so the car is fairly unhappy at startup. I'll update this thread with some more info once I've got that dealt with them.

Special thanks to Brian @ HMS Motorsports, who shepherded this project along and put up with tons of my questions. Super helpful guy backed up by a great team.

Plan is to turn the old seats into living room chairs (a la the SV-40), and I'm sure I'll post some pictures when they're done.
Doing the same next year. Been planning for these a while now. Loads of weight savings. Very interested in your update about coding all the errors out. That is my biggest concern with the install.
Appreciate 0