Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Seeing this thread keep popping up and @Andrew89's post had me do some investigation; LED bulbs can't complete the same error (Hot/Colds) checks that halogen can; mainly because LEDs are not a typical bulb but more of a diode (Google it).

Since the error message keeps appearing on LCI LED vehicle taillights, only after starting, then disappears, it leads to believe that for some strange reason BMW didn't remove the error (Cold) check for the LED taillight turn signals.

If you retrofit the LED LCI tail light on a Pre-LCI and don't remove the error checks, you get the same identical error message, upon start up.

Long story longer, your taillights are just fine, BMW just needs to remove the error check through software/coding..

LED "bulbs" last forever, thus error checks are not required or even technically feasible based on how BMW's CanBus system determines a bulb outage.
Good theory but my problem is not at startup. I can been driving for twenty minutes and get the error message. And usually I get it several times in a row.
Appreciate 0