07-07-2019, 12:41 AM   #83
PilotxERAU
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Pee View Post
Update:-

whilst front wheels were off, peeled back front part of archliner and swapped out xenon bulbs to Nightbreaker Laser Next generation. Took the car out for a late night cross country thrash.

The mods on my car already means EPS feel, response and grip levels are already much better than standard. My observations made above stand and in particular the reduced "dead-band" from just off straight ahead. Car reacts now with less initial steering input but is not busy/darty in a straight line. Took the car down some swift, empty A&B roads and the stiffer body means that MPerf coilovers feel like they are more able at managing the contact patch between tyre & asphalt.

M50 on here said expect the car's helm to have more feel thru long sweeping bends - he was right. Plus, it's much more adept at coping with mid corner imperfections.

So, having retrofitted the F8x alloy brace, I'm all set for pedalling the car around NC500 with a couple of Porsche driving buddies this weekend. Then, on the way back down from Scotland, the guys at Center Gravity will be able to work their magic, my car is in there for full blown chassis tune ie damper dyno/corner weighting and fast road alignment, knowing the front end is more rigid than the std OG M2.

Oh yes, xenon bulbs upgrade works well too !!!!

BP
BeePee did you do the extra reinforcement braces that the M3/M4 have connecting to the aluminum brace? Has anyone retrofitted these on an M2? I am interested to try.

Extension Strut Tower, Left : 31122284857
Extension Strut Tower, Right : 31122284858
Link, Left : 31122284859
Link, Right : 31122284860
Torx bolt M8 2EA : 07147248303
Appreciate 0