View Single Post
      05-17-2019, 10:07 AM   #16
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep
Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
I appreciate their honestly but I would never purchase a vehicle from someone who dogged it at a track..
I've seen people drive horribly on the street, and I've seen folks who drive responsibly on the track...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobuffs View Post
Typically track cars are cared for better and are not abused.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeglim View Post
This. People who take their cars to the track seem to be very maintenance focused. You often need track inspections before you can even head out. Brake pads, fluids, all that should have been well taken care of.

BMW runs all the M cars on the track at the Performance Center. These cars do track duty for a couple YEARS. And they're driven (only) on the track almost every day. I've driven some M2s with 6000 miles on them, all on the track, and never had any problems. They refurb and then sell them when they're done.
I'm a +3 on these comments. I track some of my cars, and they are thoroughly gone-through before going on track with fresh brake fluid (always) and more frequent oil changes, tranny, diff, etc. And I've done the BMW PF several times, and we beat the ever-lovin' pee out of those cars, and they can take it.

A car that's been tracked (and left stock) will have faster than average wear on the tires and brakes. Account for that in your inspection and potential offer. Otherwise, I wouldn't sweat it at all.

It's an "M" car, and that means that it was designed, engineered and built to withstand use at the track. That's not the case with any other mass produced car other than a Porsche or Corvette. And that last one is questionable...
Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)
Appreciate 1
rich8566608.50