01-10-2019, 09:08 AM   #13
mbrunner
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911/Lotus Exige S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q_Subsub View Post
I recently bought my M2 after going back and forth between it and the GT350. GT350 had a few things I really liked (namely the lower seat height, shifter, rev-happiness of the engine), but ultimately there were 2 "knocks" against the GT350 that were deal breakers for me.

1. The weirdness of the clutch - I have only owned about half a dozen manual cars over the last 10+ years and this one was difficult for me to get used to. Felt non-linear/progressive to me.
2. The noise - while I love it at WOT, it is pretty loud, even at idle. I live pretty close to my neighbors and I want to maintain a good relationship with them. As a side note, I revved the engine with my wife standing next to the car and she nearly fell backwards because it startled her so much. She would have HATED the GT350 (and me for buying it).

+1 on the clutch. I was in the market for both a few years back, ADM stopped me from getting one but have driven a friends a couple times and the clutch is terrible. I have driven it stock and even with the modified spring and its not really much difference

I found the seat height in both the Recaro and Comfort seats too high personally. If you look under the recaros there is at least 4" of dead space they could have made it lower.

That engine is something though. Add the resonator delete/xpipe and it is really loud... My friends neighbors love him I am sure
Appreciate 0