View Single Post
      09-21-2023, 11:09 AM   #7
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

It would be interesting to see the cost breakdown of the replacement rings across the main upgrade options and inital cost. AP, Girodisc, 034, Paragon. Also the weight of these rotors. I know lightweight isn't always the best due to thermal capacity.

This would bother me. This means the second set screw wouldn’t have anything to bottom down on and therefore couldn’t clamp the rotor to the wheel hub and therefore was useless. This isn’t a really big deal in my opinion, because the single set screw was enough to secure the rotor to the hub and these rotor set screws don’t serve any purpose except to hold the rotor in place when the wheel bolts are off. So there is no structural reason for their presence and not having them shouldn’t affect safety.

I'd want to know if it was on purpose or an oversite before justifying it to be ok. My recent experience with a different vendor had the hats cut to function like the factory hat.

But it's nice to see another quality option. The more vendors means more price pressure and makes sure things don't get out of control for us consumers.