View Single Post
      04-03-2020, 09:02 AM   #5
rj45m
Rep
Drives: '20 M2C

I also find the M2C's manual a bit of an acquired taste. The shift throw isn't as short or as positive as others, but it's become more satisfying with time. Clutch feel is just ok. It was a bit grabby when new, but it improved with use. It's smooth when pulling away from a stop (no chatter), though I sometimes detect a little vibration through the pedal when upshifting at certain loads/rpm.

I do find that consistently pulling off quick/smooth 1st to 2nd gear shifts is more difficult than it should be (though certainly not impossible). The overall combination of gearing, rev-hang, throttle response and clutch engagement is not ideal, at least for my driving style. Unfortunately, while Sport mode offers, arguably, the best throttle response for smooth driving, for some reason it has the most aggressive rev-hang.

All that said, satisfaction depends on the driver's desire for ultra smooth shifts. If one's not too OCD about it, it likely won't be an issue. Completing all other shifts (2-3, 3-4, etc) quickly and smoothly is similar to any other manual car.

Last edited by rj45m; 04-06-2020 at 03:08 PM..
Appreciate 1
baege1339.00