biggripper
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri1042 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggripper View Post
Aside from the lack of EQ, I'm guessing the HK in my M2C will be essentially the same as my the HK in my '16 M4. I found that system was transformed into a really high quality system with the addition of MusicarNW's level 2 sub kit. The set up filters out the low bass frequencies for the underseat woofers so that they are effectively mid-bass drivers and it sends them more power. Between that and the trunk sub the system was nothing-short of awesome, IMO. I'm currently working with MusicarNW to build me a new harness so that I can move that system over to my M2C when it arrives. Looking forward to hearing it. Hopefully, I get similar results.
It isn't as close to "essentially the same" as you'd think. It's analog from the deck to the amp in back, and it's closer to an F30 Hifi system than an F30 HK System. A sub addition is easy enough, for the most part. You'll also need a new enclosure for your sub. I should really sell my F30 enclosure sometime...it's sitting all bored and lonely without a sub in it in the garage.
I ended up salvaging as much of my Musicar Northwest system as I could. They're are sending me a new enclosure and harnesses. It'll be similar to the system from my M4 in that the amp will run the trunk sub and then send strictly mid bass signal to the underwear subs. I'm looking forward to getting it.
FORMER ///F87 M2C | Sunset Orange/Orange | 6MT | Black 788M Wheels
FORMER ///F82 M4 | SSII | Full SO | 6MT | Black 437M Wheels
Appreciate 0