View Single Post
      04-21-2021, 01:27 PM   #24
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.lor View Post
It was fine when I took delivery. I noticed it after I had left it out in the sun for a few hours while I was visiting friends. The roof panel was very hot to the touch. I'm thinking the carbon warped because of the heat? I didn't think this could happen, how does bmw expect us to enjoy our cars if we can't even leave it outside for a few hours.
Was your car detailed ? Just asking to know whether some liquids may have been of any influence (possible adverse chemical reaction). I know that it's a (very) long shot, but just to rule out that possibility in the search for a sound explanation for a slightly/minorly 'warped' CF roof.

Remember that, according to insider info, BMW walked the extra mile for the M2 CS roof (see post #1 of this thread). We don't know what the roof received as treatment during the production stage till the car left the factory for transport, but apparently things didn't work out as initially planned.

Lots of M2 CS owners worldwide in all sorts of climates (hot/cold - dry/humid - regular/salty). Not heard about similar cases as yours.

Do you notice traces of scuffing or possible repairs on the car roof ? (hit during transport between factory and point of delivery ?).