Thread: Clutch Bleeding
View Single Post
      07-12-2020, 08:55 PM   #32
CantComplain
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 6MT AW M2

I originally reverse bled after removing the CDV. I posted in this thread about some odd behaviors. I went out and bought a $50 Motive bleeder and I think I corrected the issues I had from the reverse bleed. I'm not saying reverse bleeding doesn't work, but in my case I don't think I was able to do it effectively.

When I used the motive (process: remove clutch stop, dumped what I had left of a quart bottle of DOT4, pressurized it to ~15PSI and simply let it pass through a couple pints of fluid by opening the bleeder on the slave, waiting until bubbles dissipated, and closing it again), it sputtered a little air through at first, and then flat out farted out a lot more air before settling down again and eventually just passing new fluid through. So not sure what I did with the syringe when reverse bleeding (I used the same one linked earlier in the thread) but it either introduced or left air in the system after CDV removal.

Clutch was limp after the process I listed above until I gave it 20-30 presses, now it feels good again. I didn't touch the pedal while the Motive was connected, so not sure if that's a problem or not per another post--I was relying on pressure from the Motive to move the fluid.

Honestly it's been months since I did the reverse bleed, and I haven't put a ton of miles on it during COVID, so it's hard for me to compare now to before all of the work, but I feel like the clutch feels lighter. Engagement is better. I don't appear to have the super scary delay at WOT but need to drive it some more.
Appreciate 0