View Single Post
      05-31-2020, 04:44 AM   #17
goku7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2C ED 08/2019

4. looks like you can do stelvio pass on this day. I drove back from st.moritz just to do that and it was the highlight of my trip
5. neuschwanstein castle is a high tourist spot. you will have to book your tickets for a given time slot and make sure u are there at that time. (but given Covid the crowds may not be crazy). there is a walk upto the castle which could take 30-45 mins each way and you might want to walk up a bit further through the back of the castle a bridge over a gorge called Mary's bridge which will give you the iconic castle view
8. highly recommend you go through triberg. its famous for its waterfall and cuckoo clocks. plus the Black Forest roads are just fab.
for the Swiss part, the traffic is just terrible I lost furka pass cause I was stuck in traffic for most of the day on the interstate. make sure you have the vignettes/toll stickers. carry AAA international driving permit (I was stopped both by German police and Swiss police and the German guy asked for booklet specifically)

I would also suggest explore a bit of austria/italy/swiss rather than keeping it just driving and getting your butt sore. that will also keep the wife/gf happy. Lucerne has mt pilatus, Zurich has many spots, South Tyrol has nice castles and towns like vipiteno and chiusa and so on..
Appreciate 1
MinionM3492.00