View Single Post
      01-03-2020, 02:27 PM   #8
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by geddylee View Post
I'm thinking about the m2 for my next daily and have some questions as I haven't driven it, but I have driven the M4.

With all of the nannies on which is how I would drive it, do you constantly have to fight with the rear end? This was the case with the M4 and I hated that about the car as you couldn't put the power down efficiently.

I also find the B58 as the better overall motor than the S55 due to superior sound and fuel economy, it seems like the M cars are mostly over powered now and lack the precision of previous generation M cars.

The question here is does the M2 really strike a perfect balance of power and precision or is it like a little muscle car like the M4?
If you drone an earlier M4 maybe the M2 would be okay for you as the earlier M4s had a lot of traction issues. The newer M4s have had some software updates so that the torque doesn't overwhelm the car so much and the traction control isn't freaking out all the time. If you drove a newer M4 and didn't like it, then you would probably dislike the M2 even more considering the shorter wheelbase makes the car want to rotate more so than the M4.
Appreciate 0