View Single Post
      02-15-2018, 09:55 AM   #22
dvas
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 - Mineral Gray, 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post

Anyone driven the PSC2 compared to these tires?
Had the PSC2 last season on oem wheels in stock sizes. Went through two front sets over the course of ~12 days. Prior to camber plates the fronts were shot after about 3 days (maybe 12 dry 20 min sessions). Outside corner extreme wear and tearing. With 2.7 camber, coilovers and alignment, the second set of fronts lasted about 5 days, 21 sessions. Rears probably could be used for another day. This is all at instructor pace.

Overall, my take on them is that they had good grip and were easy to manage when they let go. Only issue was the extreme wear. In my opinion, they are very temp sensitive and don't like being over heated and you need to manage them as they warm up otherwise they will tear. Dialing in camber to something like 3.5 could probably address this. I spoke to Will Turner about the issue (He happened to be testing at LRP), and he said his cars run anywhere from 4-5 degrees of camber.

At any rate, I don't have anything to compare the PSC2s, yet. This year I plan to go to dedicated Apex 18x10 wheels running NT01s 275/35 square. So will be interesting to see how this helps.
Appreciate 1