View Single Post
      03-21-2020, 03:16 PM   #5
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Ok guys, I had a bit of time to burn this weekend and I pulled apart the C pillar trim with a little bit of advice from Nezil and Zeese awhile back, so a huge bit of thanks to you guys. Sorry I don't have any pictures, I really didn't feel like taking any as I was fighting with this thing for an hour in a cramped position.

Ok so here is how I did it without breaking any clips:
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...sts/1VnXwsigxh

- First and foremost disconnect the battery and make sure the trunk doesnt close. The reason why is because there is an air bag in that area and if you don't want it to blow up in your face while fighting the trim panel it would be best to disconnect the battery and try not to hit the air bag. Make sure the trunk is open and doesn't close in the process otherwise you'll have to some how access the emergency release pull from the back of the car.

- I was told to pull the trim pannel from the top as hard as possible to break the clips free, but the pannel was so insanely tight I could not get my fingers in there and I skinned my thumb trying. So what I recommend instead is to use a small trim tool or block to wedge the top of the pannel away from the head liner creating a gap.

- within this gap you'll be able to look in and you can see the white clips holding the panel onto the metal frame, now take a really long flat head screw driver (mine was 30 cm long) and slide it down into the gap next to both white clips. This will allow you to wedge the panel off with even force along the entirety of the panel and right next to the clips which prevents anything from breaking and it makes it come off really easily.

- once the panel pops off ensure all your clips are in place and undamaged and then make sure they are properly reseated in the panel.

- Once you are done doing what you need to do just place the panel back in according to newtis, this is the most difficult part of the job and I have no advice for you on this part. But once it is aligned just hit the panel with your fist and it'll pop the clips back in place.

Overall this allowed me to run my rear dash camera wires in a fashion that is perfectly hidden from view and it is completely stealth now.