03-20-2019, 11:38 AM   #10
Project_F87
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C LBB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Yes that's the smart choice. It's easy forget you're on them. Then one day your heading off to work in the morning and and you get a nice opening in the traffic and you're like... hey let's wake up the beast and you mash it and next thing you know you're backwards in ice plant with a bent rim. On the other hand if you drive very little
And mostly track they are amazing hot. I bought mine for autocrossing but that was a fail too. They wouldn't fully heat up until the third and final run but by then they handled so differently it was hard to be smooth. As far as rain goes unless you live in the rain forest I have driven dry tires for decades going back to the Yokohama A008 which everyone was scared of. If it rained. I drove slowly and knowing they were not a great rain tire kept me from doing anything stupid. I never had an issue with those . Then I got some excellent dry/wet tires. They felt great in the wet so I got comfortable with them and one downpour I was going too fast for the conditions and I slid into a curb and almost rolled the car. I live in SoCal and I am shocked at the level of stupidity with people driving too fast and too close in the rain. Anyway, yes 4S will give you 90% of the dry performance without the drawbacks.
Very well said, I had a similar experience where I forgot about the tires I was on and slid into a curb, luckily didn't have any bad damage at all. These tires literally have zero grip in wet, which is why I won't buy them anymore. Just isn't worth it