V.Smurf
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB DCT (LCI) | X3 30i

Hi terrywang,
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrywang View Post
A stupid question: do you guys buy both BimmerCode and BimmerLink (more for diagnostics)? I don't think they overlap much so if I need to read real-time statistics and check diagnostic messages, I'll need BimmerLink?
I have only used Bimmercode: until the recent posts on this thread, and the main Bimmercode thread, I'd not been aware of Bimmerlink.

I find that Bimmercode is useful for (re)programming most of the stuff that I'm interested in setting. I recently had to recode a bunch of settings following an ISTEP update the dealer performed ... and then I coded the comfort access with the seats.

Its a really useful application, particularly as it very easily gets rid of a bunch of nuisance alerts like that stupid legal warning that interferes with everything (except the reverse camera).

I can't speak for Bimmerlink: looks like its useful if you want to monitor settings or play around with alerts (as you've surmised). The good thing is that it seems to use the same VGATE adapter that Bimmercode uses.

Cheers,
Appreciate 1