View Single Post
      04-02-2017, 05:17 PM   #14
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

iOS 10.3 issues and CarPlay is still crap!

Ok, I admit it, I was still on iOS 9.x until yesterday. So I took a step towards the 21st century and upgraded to 10.3.

1. With CarPlay off, I can't play any music on my phone. Keeps dropping me into Pandora? Even though I have it off on the phone (every app is closed). That's the ONLY thing that will play - none of my music shows. I also see Spotify as well - but I did not select that.

2. So crap, I turn CarPlay back on and yes, I can now play my music. But heck, time to call my dealer and bitch him out (never should have given me his cell phone) and then I'm reminded WHY I HATE CARPLAY.

I press the voice command button on the steering wheel and say "Call Brett Midgley Mobile". and I get the "No contacts stored under this name." WTF.

So how the heck do you use the voice dial with CarPlay and/or is anyone else able to get music on their phone to play with iOS 10.3? I should add that I'm using the USB cable connected in the armrest for playing of audio, not bluetooth.

and... if I dial the number on the phone, all works fine.

and I swear to god ZMO... if you give me crap about this being related to my break-in procedure
Appreciate 0