View Single Post
      10-12-2019, 12:48 PM   #145
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
I'll try to live with the disappointment on that..

Well, I am sincerely sorry I doubted you.. I guess I'm the shithead. I honestly wouldn't of believe it unless I saw it, nothing personal.

I'm truly flabbergasted how full of shit Fabspeed staff truly is! Just for the record, they don't offer anything such as a "lifetime warranty" on any of their products. I can't believe someone actually typed that with a strait face.

Anyone that ever had an issue with their product can attest to the hoops they force their customers to jump though to even get them acknowledged the issue. And they usually only respond when put on blast in the Court of Public opinion i.e. forums.

I didn't fault them for having a hiccup every now and then, after all, I don't much faith in any aftermarket product, especially an illegal device meant to circumvent federal emissions control standards. But criticizing another manufacture when your product isn't exactly flawless just shows how low they're willing to stoop to make a buck.

Sometimes it only takes one moment to see who they truly are. #Sad

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=23888913
My interpretation is that Fabspeed's lifetime warranty is only for manufacturing defects. If you/they can prove a manufacturing defect caused the cat to fail, then you should be okay. But that seems impossible to do, because you can't verify the inside of a cat is good upon arrival of the dp. Unless you take it apart and test/inspect it yourself or something before installing. Which would void the warranty anyway.

From what I read here, there is no lifetime warranty on the cat other than if the problem is caused by a manufacturing defect. Though I do remember them saying there is a 2yr/10,000mi warranty on the cat... they must've changed it.

Also, what I'm reading now, is that they won't warranty a previous generation cat. So if Fabspeed decides to use a different cat in their current product line in the future, your warranty is void on any dp you purchased before. In this case, it seems they will give you a discount on purchasing a new cat. Kinda crappy.

https://www.fabspeed.com/terms-conditions/
Appreciate 1
Poochie9103.00