Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post
First time I did Grattan was in 2014, already with the bus stop. And over the years I added adjustable dampers, lowering springs, sway bars, camber plates and I was running semi slics last 2 years. My best time there was in 2018.

This is why I'm curious about M2 lap times at Grattan. I'm sure the 'Stang is faster down the back straigh. I was hitting 137 down the back straight. But I expect the M2 to be faster in the twistiest on the other side of the track.

Such a great track. If you haven't been to Mid Ohio I also highly recommend it. Grattan is the best track in Michigan, but I must say Mid O is better.

Every time you go you will get a bit faster. I think I started around 1:39 in a stock Stang in 2014. Shaved almost 9s over the years. Practice and driver mod makes perfect.

Here is a quick vid from 2018. Put the volume up, I miss the way the Mustang sounded the most:

Yeah, I expect I'll get faster. I'm still braking earlier than I need to and not carrying enough speed into the straight. That little dip in the right side makes me pucker a bit if I hit it too fast.

It took me all day Saturday and half the day Sunday to get the bus stop turn in down. I found a nice dead tree I am for full throttle and brake hard right where the track curves a bit to the right right before the bus stop. Go almost off the track towards the left and turn in hard into the corner. I think I swung it a bit wide on the videos I posted, later Sunday it got much better.

Mid Ohio is on my list for next year. I have a son in competitive baseball so weekends are pretty shot may through July. Gotta get my track time in the spring and fall. Gingerman is also on my list. I'm really close to Waterford oaks and M1, but don't really have any urge to hit those.

Probably headed back to grattan in a couple weeks for a lotus club event, I think I'll have a legit laptimer this time. Before I just timed it from my gopro videos.

Here's a gopro video from my last session on Sunday.

Appreciate 1
5.M0NSTER3353.50