View Single Post
      09-12-2019, 03:42 PM   #2
5.M0NSTER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE

Congrats on the M2 and awesome that you have it at the track. It really is it's natural habitat

Here would be my recommendations:
1. Don't worry about cooling (particularity since you figured out to back off the throttle to help save the brakes). Throttle map is way more controllable in traction and that is more important.
2. 35psi hot, they start getting greasy over that. This means 28-29 cool and let them get up to temp over a lap or 2. PSS has surprisingly good grip when kept under 36 or so. TPMS updates every 30s or so, so as real time as you can get. In addition to pressures keep an eye out for temp. Over 90C or 190F they will get greasy regardless of pressures.
3. I have 3 days this year on the M2 with PFC08 endurance pads at Spa Francorchaps, Hockenheimring and Nurburgring Norddchleife. Very good warm grip, good fade resistance and calipers are still blue. But braking later and harder but shorter also helps. Plus after 3 days on F1 tracks I still have over 80% of the pad left. I think eventually they will turn but so far so good.

When you have time switch to race fluid and track pads and this car will be gem. Fluid is the first weak link in the chain and pads are pretty much a tie. Also DSC Off in the long run is what you should plan on running when you get used to things and can control oversteer well. Car has a magical balance so it won't be long
2018 Camaro SS 1LE. Because race car!

"Redline a day keeps the mechanics away"

Last edited by 5.M0NSTER; 09-12-2019 at 03:59 PM..
Appreciate 0