View Single Post
      08-26-2019, 10:11 AM   #5
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twt View Post
This is timely. I recently brought my car to 9 lives racing to use for computer modeling for an M2 wing and splitter. It's a small, local shop that seems to have a great understanding of aero. They make and test all their products here in Atlanta. I have been "building " and tracking my car over the past 2.5 years and have seen a steady improvement in all aspects including lap times. My car is virtually the only real street car in TT3/4 and is also one of the few without a big ass Wang. I have been following this and other forums and have concluded,as has the OP, that most of these bolt ones are just cosmetic. While many shops , like Sneed for Speed have lab tested aero for E36/46/92, no one has really stepped up for our cars with good wind tunnel data. Good aero is well worth the price, bad aero can wreck you....so I am still on the fence. By the end of the year I will probably test the 9LR aero, unless something better comes along.
That is pretty timely. I know it is looking at generic data but their big wang was the most efficient wing I could find for my E92 M3. Looking forward to seeing how it works when my build is complete. If they are bringing one out for the M2 that is definitely worth considering.
Appreciate 0