View Single Post
      08-25-2019, 07:05 PM   #1
Malakas
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2c

Rear wing downforce

I wanted to post a question, and while the mods may move this to the "cosmetic" section, it is more a question of function, and specifically track function.

BMW makes the performance rear wing for our cars (using IND website just to reference the products), and there is the racing wing from the M235iR cup car... as well as a variety of aftermarket options.

I am assuming the BMW M235iR wing makes actual rear downforce, but I'm wondering what other wings actually do so...

For now I'm going to drive my M2C on the street, but it will see its fair share of track time and I am hoping to "surprise" a few p-car buddies with the performance envelop of this car... so Im trying to research what aero is real, and what is just for show.

Thanks to all for any input!

{just a quick side note, because so often people chime in that driver training is the best mod... I could not agree more. I regularly race in WRL and Champ (formerly chump) and as part of our racing team we do get continuing private training with pros, both with data and side-seat.}
2012 - 5.2L R8 v10, 6MT
2011 - 4.0L E92 M3, 6MT
Appreciate 0