View Single Post
      08-03-2019, 07:23 PM   #6
tetsuo111
Save the Manuals!
United_States
Rep
Drives: E91 RWD 6MT, X3, Ducati S4R

Garage List
I suggest doing a Car Control Clinic 1-day course as a prerequisite to HPDE on track. Why?

CCC curriculum varies by region but typically includes slalom, emergency braking with ABS, emergency braking avoidance, skid pad, and figure-8 or high-speed ovals. Some even have an autocross course.

As you'll see on the track, driver talent beats car ability every time.

And the best way to learn driving talent is in an empty parking lot covered in snow. And the other best way is in a CCC class.

Experiencing oversteer for the first time at the end of a long straight trail braking into a high-speed corner is dangerous.

Finally, I had my wife enroll last year. Not because she has any interest in tracking, rather because I wanted her to improve her proficiency. In the days leading up to the event, she wasn't happy and I thought the whole thing was a big mistake. Midway through the day she remarked how much fun she was having. By the end of the day she told me she had a blast and that she was a much more confident driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schembree View Post
Thanks for the info. I'm ordering some Porterfield R4-S pads and I was lucky to get a car with Pilot Sport Cup 2's. SchnellFest is listed as a beginner to advanced track day, so I'm thinking there'll be instructors out there.
Outside: BMW M-Aero, Euro region lighting, Seibon | Inside: M3 cockpit, Recaro SPG, Prototipo, AutoSolutions SSK, UCP | Stop: M3 ST-40R, PFC | Grip: Solid-mounted subframes, rear coilover conversion, M3 Nitron R3, Hyperco, SPL, AKG, ARC8 | Go: StageFP, CF snorkel, 3IM, MILVs, SuperSprint headers, Dundon Motorsports Inconel exhaust, VoltPhreaks | Cool: CSF | PCA #2018100384 | BMW CCA #505794
Appreciate 1
bentom2335.50