View Single Post
      08-02-2019, 07:29 PM   #2
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by schembree View Post
Can anyone direct me to a newb HPDE thread? Planning on attending SchnellFest at COTA in September (if I can get in). New M2C, never tracked before, and would like to know what I'm doing before signing up.

I've read about issues with OEM brakes/pads on the track, but does that apply to the M2C with the upgraded brakes?
Welcome to the track!

So the M2 is definitely very capable but the oem brake pad is geared to the street. Would recommend swapping to a more track oriented pad for that event and also swapping to Castrol SRF. Cota in particular is hard on brakes so the SRF and more suitable pad will be more fade resistant. Can run the oem stuff - to me I just don’t want to find out they have faded running down the back stretch going in to 12.

That’s really all you need to swap. Check over everything, make sure fluids are topped off, all that good stuff. Go out, keep your eyes up, stay aware, and have a blast.

On new tracks I like to watch YouTube videos to get a feel for the layout. Something like forza works pretty good too. It’s nice having an idea what to expect. I have a video from in my M3 posted that I can send you if you want.

Also anyone is welcome to come out to Cota during an Edge Addict event. If you want to go get a feel for an HDPE they put on a pretty good one. There is one on Aug 31 and Sep 1 coming up. I’ll be there in my M2 - you are also welcome to ride shotgun for a few laps at full pace if you want. I am approved to take passengers if that makes you feel better...

I can answer anything more specific you might have or point you to someone who can.
Appreciate 2
detroitm22427.50