Rep
Drives: BMW X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
My theory is the people crying about higher-end M cars are upset because they can't (or don't want to) afford them. Their fragile egos seem to take a hit when they realize they don't have the "ultimate" M model of their car. Thus they craft weak explanations of M dilution.
I don't think that is the issue here. What we're seeing is a trend that BMW enthusiasts have been complaining about for years. Having an ///M logo on a vehicle used to feel special. It doesn't feel as special anymore.
You're reinforcing my point. The existence of higher-end M cars isn't diluting the brand; it's apparently diluting the "special" feeling the ego-centric people used to get from buying any M. Now that BMW offers higher trim M variants, all of a sudden these people seem to feel their base M car doesn't feed their ego as well. They appear to want to feel superior by owning the "ultimate" version of their vehicle model.
But that is the market. Like do you think M will make one model per serie, when you have another brands like Mercedes AMG doing alot of categories in every serie the same thing?
Of corse BMW M need follow up the market.
And if the people think (ok they have alot of models and bla bla) , what M model nowadys dont have quality?
And if you think better that is good fot customers, because in the future we can have more competition and technology between all of the brands.
Appreciate 0