View Single Post
      01-10-2019, 11:33 PM   #33
dcmac
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 LCI M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMs335D View Post
I can echo what a lot here have said. I started to track my M2 last year and I'm using Apex EC7 9" ET31 up front and 10" ET33 in the back. In my first year I didn't make the coilover and camber plate investment so my experience would be slightly different to yours.
I stuck with standard widths on the rims so that I could run them in stock class for autocross.
On the apex rims I run the 71R's staggered (255 front and 275 rear) and like many have said they work amazingly on the track. In my first track day I was moved straight from Group C to B and in the middle of the year they moved me to Group A. With no camber plates I had to several cool down laps per stint or I would have destroyed my tires. I spoke to quite a few people with M2's in the club and while they run RE's, none can make them last an entire season.
I couldn't find anybody running the RS4's on M2’s, but I was talking with two people (one 996 C2 and one Mustang GT) and both are able to run their RS4's for at least a season. The Mustang being a similar weight and power I would say it's pretty comparable.
With cool down laps, I could only make the RE's last for 3 events so I am going with Hankook's this season.
Btw I saw you are using Pagid pads, that's an excellent choice. I use them as well! I would suggest only running them on the track because their noise level is ridiculous.
Thanks! I’m very curious to see how my new square setup feels this season... there’s such polarizing views on this forum on running the M2 staggered vs square, everyone seems firmly divided.. looking forward to finding out for myself. The car was very impressive on the stock staggered setup so will be interesting!
Appreciate 1
DOMs335D220.50