View Single Post
      01-08-2019, 05:44 PM   #24
chief1richard
Life is on the Track, the rest is just waiting.
United_States
Rep
Drives: At the point of 7,000 RPM's

Garage List
2018 M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmac View Post
Great attitude. I am very similar. When I sit back and take a breath I think 265 R compound rubber is more than enough for my driving ability and now it's about improving my driving rather than improving the car's speed which is ridiculously quick with the suspension, new rubber and tune. I share your concern with the rear end being a bit loose with the sticky square setup. I think as long as I be diligent about building speed, I can approach the tires limits and see how far my ability can take me, until I get more experienced out on track. My goal is to be driving competently at speed for every session with DSC Off, meaning I'm controlling traction on each corner and in control at all times - I think traction control is helping too much at present and probably holding back my development. All the best with your track season - I can't wait for summer!
Thanks, can't wait for track season either, wish I was in a warmer part of the country instead of the Northeast. As far as 9.5 wheels go, If I find I don't like having not enough rubber for a square set-up, I can always mount a 275 on the rear as a 9.5 wheel will be OK for a 275 tire, and go back to an 18" staggered set-up with the 255 on front, or move up to camber plates and suspension upgrades.
Appreciate 0