View Single Post
      01-08-2019, 04:31 PM   #23
dcmac
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 LCI M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief1richard View Post
Would have liked 265 but did not want to take any chances on scrapping. I do not intend to modify my suspension (at this point) as I use this as a DD. It seems that 50% of people who go to 265 on stock suspension do have some scrapping. I expect a big increase with front tires 245 summer vs 255 Track R compound which will allow me to Apex later. The rear, I expect a little more traction with 255 R compound vs 265 summer tire, which will allow me to accelerate out of turn a little faster, but will have to be careful of rear tires braking loose. I have had twelve track days in the last 2 years, and my goal is to come as close to 100% as I can to the capabilities of this car in stock form. Am not near that yet, and want to keep cars capabilities closer to my abilities. I am not competing with anyone, just out there to have fun. Will post the comparisons between the two set ups after my first track day.
Great attitude. I am very similar. When I sit back and take a breath I think 265 R compound rubber is more than enough for my driving ability and now it's about improving my driving rather than improving the car's speed which is ridiculously quick with the suspension, new rubber and tune. I share your concern with the rear end being a bit loose with the sticky square setup. I think as long as I be diligent about building speed, I can approach the tires limits and see how far my ability can take me, until I get more experienced out on track. My goal is to be driving competently at speed for every session with DSC Off, meaning I'm controlling traction on each corner and in control at all times - I think traction control is helping too much at present and probably holding back my development. All the best with your track season - I can't wait for summer!
Appreciate 1
rich8566608.50