View Single Post
      04-20-2020, 02:08 PM   #444
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

One thing I've noticed, on two fronts now, is that Amazon is fading as my seller of choice.

1. If I attempt to order anything from them that they deem non-essential, I get a delivery date weeks in the future. This causes me to look for those items elsewhere. So far I have found them elsewhere, with much more normal looking delivery timelines. The most recent was an iPad I'm gifting to my parents so they can actually see people besides the folks they're locked up with in their senior facility. Delivery in a couple of days versus almost a month. Big difference.

2. Heavy stuff from Amazon, no more. I ordered a transmission jack through them. It came from a distributor of some sort. The Chinese-made unit was packaged so poorly that it burst out of the crate during shipping, resulting in the loss of a bunch of small parts needed to make the unit functional. They graciously sent an entire new unit after I cajoled and browbeat them for about a week. That one also arrived in a horrendous mess. Moral: Amazon can't ship heavy stuff to my door reliably. So when it came time to order a workbench I went to Amazon and carefully read the reviews. Wonder of wonder there were plenty of "damaged in shipment" complaints. I ordered it from Home Depot, picked it up at the store. Perfect package. Good price. I'm ordering a lot less from Amazon these days.
Appreciate 2