View Single Post
      11-19-2023, 05:31 PM   #34
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
Almost 3yrs from delivery and I still walk into the garage and say out loud "Man, I love this car." My suspicion is that this Elec-TRON R1 and/or R3 kit is going to make the M2 about as perfect as a car can be.

Any effort to make the camber plates as quiet as possible would be appreciated I'd say that is the only downside of my current suspension mods. The camber plates are a little noisier than I would like. It could be the springs though.

Take your time getting them out. I want you to have plenty of seat time dialing them in.

What is the extra adjustment on the R3 and what would be the game plan for using that added adjustment to improve DD duty?
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3R1 View Post
If the Roadsport is indeed a step up in performance while delivering a better damped and more compliant ride, there is only one thing that would stop me from purchasing litterally as soon as available. The one thing would be max ride height, I do not want a "slammed" car. I am looking for a near stock ride height, perhaps only a slight drop (1/8"-1/4" max). I did not see the ride height range discussed. Thank you again for the info!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeStripes View Post
The rebound adjustment is the same as that found on the NTR Race R1 and is located at the top or bottom of the piston rod with a minimum 22 'clicks' of adjustment vial the large black dial.

The bump adjustments can be found on the top of the remote reservoir or piggyback canister. This large black knob has 16 'clicks' of adjustment and controls the "high speed" compression.

A small silver low-speed bump adjuster knob mounted above the larger black compression adjuster independently controls the low' speed bump damping with a minimum of 26 'clicks'.

You can watch a great 45 second explanation from Jethro Bovingdon of how this benefits a road car here:

https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkx_bLaWIc...P6XSJyNiFhtbN3
The elec-tron R1 is not going to have the dial on it anymore - the EDC control takes the place of it. The R3 will still have separate high and low speed compression dials on the remote (either piggyback or hosed). The 3rd adjustment will be the EDC control. What I need to see is how this affects the overall setup of the suspension and in particular in regards to rebound. Before the set even goes on a car here we will know exactly though and will use that to optimize the setup as much as we can. The road sport kit we will aim for the best ride quality while still giving that bump in performance over oem. Ride height will still have a decent range - retaining close to oem definitely within the range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87Tomei View Post
Where can I get these at?
We are going to have these available along with our traditional kits as soon as we get our hands on the test kits and get them dialed in exactly where we want them. I’ll keep updating this thread as I get more info. Nitron is trying to get them to us as fast as they can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
Hopefully OG Shark has a M2CS for testing. Let me know if I need to ship mine down to Texas
I’ll keep that in mind - but no complaints when I have to start the “extended” testing phase
Appreciate 2
M3R12204.50