View Single Post
      11-17-2023, 01:20 AM   #30
M3R1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ///M2cs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
No worries on the questions that's what the thread is for. Here to help as much as possible - even if you do not end up with Nitron and you buy from someone else or remain stock - so feel free to fire away with them

The road kit - that funky looking spring is the progressive for the front in a similar setup to the oem design. The front will be like pictured below. The rear will still have the same setup as the oem with a divorced spring which is linear. They use the stock top mounts.

The R1 - correct it will have linear springs and adjustable camber plates. They look the same as traditional kit except minus the dial - adjustment will be completely through the EDC control. The rear also defaults as divorced but you can opt for coilover (I would stick with divorced though). Design - yes we will look for our kit to be very compliant but still push the performance as much as we can like we did with the traditional kits. These will outperform the road kit - the question is how far we can push that without sacrificing the ride quality and until we see how much range is available we won't know for sure. I do think for weekender usage the R1 will be a better fit though based on what have seen in the traditional kits.
If the Roadsport is indeed a step up in performance while delivering a better damped and more compliant ride, there is only one thing that would stop me from purchasing litterally as soon as available. The one thing would be max ride height, I do not want a "slammed" car. I am looking for a near stock ride height, perhaps only a slight drop (1/8"-1/4" max). I did not see the ride height range discussed. Thank you again for the info!