12-06-2021, 02:10 PM   #6
Pottah
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 LBB M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa soey View Post
I had a similar issue with tips arriving with plating issues 2 months ago. I don't think Mode has done anything to improve the process. They make the same excuse every time knowing that the inconvenience will make you settle on a discount.
That's super frustrating. I don't recall any issues with finish when I got mine but I do recall mine had the logo on it when I choose the option for no logo. At least it was hidden when on the car. I ended up going with the option to pay $100 for the ceramic tips and returning the ones I have. I'm hoping to like the matte look and was *told* they will hold up well. What I should have done is look to see how much it is to return the old tips. I'll end up spending more out of pocket in the long run than if I went with the ceramic tips to begin with. If I don't like the finish I may put them up for sale and look for a cheaper option.

Actually, I just looked and they said they will send the new ones out when I provide tracking for the ones I'm returning so I'd have to go back to the puny OEM tips for however many days/weeks it takes to get the new tips. I'm debating just keeping them and asking for the $50 refund and either refinish them or sell at a huge loss and go another route. Assuming they let me change my mind...
Appreciate 0