02-27-2016, 02:05 PM   #10
M2 CSL
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Lightweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM View Post
Depends on what you mean by "value". If you mean "features" and numbers, absolutely. But the differences in driving experience between the two cars described in early reviews of the M2 relate to a different kind of "value." If they are correct, for some the first kind of "value" won't matter, the second kind will, and the M2 will be the pick.
I don't get the sense that the driving experience will be that much different. It will be nice to have a smaller more agile car, but the difference will be marginal in the grand scheme of things. I've even seen a few reviews that claim the M3/M4 still feels sharper or "racier" than the M2.

And how could it really be that different, think about it, it's smaller but the overall mass (weight) is basically the same. And it's effectively the same suspension. Let's not kid ourselves here.

The bigger takeaway for me from the reviews is that the $14k premium isn't worth it, because the cars really are so similar. And also an applaud to BMW for keeping things simple and offering less options and gizmos. However, if you can get them for free, why not?
Appreciate 2