Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: OG M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [6.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattr832 View Post
Thanks for the tip. I'll watch a few videos on front bumper removal (but only do as much as you recommend). I plan to rent a lift at a local shop because I don't have a good spot to work at home. The lift is pay by the hour so how much time should I factor in if I do what you recommend (just the bumper part)?
I ended up using the included screws but upgraded washers btw - I impacted them in there tight asf so there’s zero play in the intercooler lol. But anyways it’s only 2 bolts on each side that secure the bumper to the fender. Then there’s the million 8 mm screws that secure the bottom of the bumper. It probably will take about 15-30 mins to get all the screws out for a first timer. Essentially you only wanna pull the bumper forward enough so that you can push the black plastic piece out of the way. I’m talking about the piece that sits under the intercooler and attaches to the bumper - you’ll see when you get to it. But basically the clearance between that plastic piece and the intercooler is super tight and makes it a pain to get the cooler up into place. That’s the only reason you want to pull the bumper out
Attached Images