View Single Post
      10-26-2020, 07:43 PM   #2
Drop the hammer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '17 F87 M2 AW, Dct

I changed out my diverter to Turbosmart. I followed a YouTube video from BMW DIY guy. He has some good tips towards the end of the video. I removed the water pump bolts and just pushed it over. I cut off an Allen key to be shorter to get the new bolts started. I used an assortment of extensions to get the stock ones lose and to tighten the new one up from the front by the rad (accessing from top of engine and some from bottom reaching up between rad and engine. Had to remove a bunch of stuff to make room for my hands. Water pump mounts were used to help guide my extensions in.
You will need a ball ended Allen key in correct size. I used 3 of them and cut two to the correct sizes needed, and then I hot glued them into a socket so I could marry them into an assortment of ratchet extensions to get the perfect fit.

I have done a lot of work on my various cars and this is by far the hardest job I’ve done on any of them. Like 20 times harder than the downpipe. And similar to changing headers on a very old Nissan Armada! If I were to do it again I’d just take it to a shop and pay them a couple hrs labor to do it. Lots of bloodied fingers/hands.
Appreciate 0