02-13-2017, 04:07 PM   #8
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
I've always wanted to do one lap !

Will enjoy watching the build and will look for you if they head down this way to Tx this year.
Unfortunately, it looks like we won't be in Texas this year. Here is the current route:

This route is going to be challenging as we don't have a lot of experience at the given tracks. We have limited experience at Road Atlanta and Gingerman but that's it! Last year we were very confident of a top 10 finish as we had driven almost all of the tracks extensively, and had lots of comparative data points. This year will be more of an adventure, but that's part of the fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroya View Post
That's a lot of miles in 10 months. Have you posted your general impressions of the car at this point anywhere? I guess the fact you are engaged in this project says a lot about the competence of the M2.
I did a track review here of an almost totally stock car: http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1296871

I am really impressed by the chassis of the car. The most significant difference to me vs. the previous generation chassis is the direct bolted rear subframe and increased stiffness. The absence of subframe bushings is really noticeable to me - significantly less slop than even the old e9x chassis with upgraded bushings. It allows you to feel the diff working much better, and it basically convinced me that this was a platform that could really benefit from a project like this. I think the chassis is competent enough to keep rewarding further modifications, whereas with some cars you reach a point that it's just not worth pursuing past a certain point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan@IND View Post
Always wanted to do One Lap. Look forward to seeing your progress with the car
Thanks Ryan, I appreciate it! Wouldn't be surprised if I wound up hitting you guys up later on for some parts.

Last edited by paradoxical3; 02-14-2017 at 12:43 AM..
Appreciate 2
Destroya371.00
CrashFL137.50