View Single Post
      06-29-2010, 11:24 PM   #205
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

I got around to installing the underpanel i picked up from motion motorsports a few weeks ago.

pretty easy install. On the TT stg II I had a few hangups w this underpanel but overall install was a success.

packaging was good, parts were all there and looked/felt like high quality/strong parts

and the panel, its a thick yet light cut of aluminum that is very rigid.....precision cut and drilled.

The before under shot of my car

some of the newest hardware to finds it way on the car

new chargepiping w Tial BOV by MA motorsports here in Baltimore, bunch of good guys there

TRM exhaust crank case check valve......has worked great so far!

My helpers holding the underpanel in place after removing the factory craptastic plastic porkchop things.......this underpanel fit perfect w the OEM front bumper and lip.

I was very happy to find that all my charge piping and the BOV cleared the panel and didnt require any triming.

HOWEVER the charge piping kept me from installing the 2 large brackets which give this underpanel even more strength. After speaking with Matt at Motion I decided to go ahead and install it anyway, it turned out to be really rigid even without those supports.

It ties into the fender liners and really helps solidify their positioning much better.

I'm happy with the product.

you can see from the photos that if anything this underpanel increases ground clearance by getting rid of the pork chop thingies.

I am hoping this will help a bit with my cooling issues and plan on adding baffling and weather stripping to seal it up more forcing more air into the radiator.

the drive home however didnt really reveal anything, other than 2nd gear is a hoot for drifting and the new CHRA is butter smooth :evil2