Vojta89
Private First Class
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: 2018 F87 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megator View Post
Thanks for the discussion

I dont consider what you are saying the caliper being "better" I meant more like is it stiffer, does it offer more linear braking, more temp resistant.

I would have chosen 2NH but no 18s (although the tire choice in 18s for rear is not great), pad change is lame (for going from street to track), and dust boots just like any OEM caliper (dust boot goes outside and piston seal goes inside )

Damn 3 sets of pads already! How many track KM do you have??? I finally get my M2C tomorrow. I hope that I can get the brake in done in July and have it on track August.

My thinking was that 2NH + 2 piece discs + race pads was about the same price as Alcon 6/4 pots or AP front BBK. This also benefits the weight

I will add plugs to my ducts in order to block them for road use. I have a 3D printer and cant wait to fab some stuff up!
I don't have direct track comparison of STD caliper and 2NH caliper, so I cannot compare those things you are asking.. it should have more heat resistance, because there is more brake fluid in them

There are many semi-slick tires, that are produced up to 18" and not bigger, that is my concern, for example Dunlop Direzza 03G, which is great semi-slick tire BTW thanks for the info how it's called in english (dust boot and piston seal)

I'm not really counting track kilometers, have my M2C since September 2018, I did brake in service in October and did one visit of Nordschleife+GP in November (cca 15 laps), than 9x20 minutes on Autodrom Most in end of March 2019, 5x30 minutes on Salzburgring in the beggining od April, 6x20 minutes on Nurburgring GP + 3 laps on Nordschleife in the beggining od May 2019, 18 laps on Nordschleife in June and 5x20 minutes on Bilster Berg... Stock pads were done after first visit of Nordschleife, first set of ME20s was done after Salzburgring and last set od ME20s is done now.... Waiting for new pads, but need some, so my friend provided me his MX72 set of brake pads and I hope it will be usable on track.... My brake pads are now in LA on the way to my adress to CZ

3D printer in not what I can work with I have to buy things that is someone producing

Thank you too for good discussion and let me know how you solved your brake system, I'll post here how RB rotors are working in track use
Appreciate 0