slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GimmeanM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
I would like to offer a counter point to this perspective. I think the only true, proper way to improve the suspension is to get proper coilovers. That is the route I will be going.

In my opinion a HAS kit is no better than a lowering spring, and in fact opens up the potential to be worse. The HAS allows you to lower the car even further than a typical lowering spring. Thereby further reducing suspension travel and often taking it to the point of riding on the bump stops. The only real advantages to a HAS kit is that it allows you to dial in your desired ride height and corner balance. However, they add complications. Going too low is a problem and they reduce inner wheel clearance. I would seek a lowering spring that is in the height range that I like, a spring rate that is decently matched to the shocks and isn't so low that it rides on bump stops. I have repeatedly seen people slamming their car with HAS kits causing more damage to the dampers than any lowering spring.
MP HAS or KW HAS? The MP kit is different from the KW kit in spring rates and a limited collar that prevents lowering too much.
My option applies to either one. However I agree that the BMW version is the better of the two.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 0