11-12-2020, 09:58 AM   #32
GregInNewMexico
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by deceptiv.M3 View Post
I'm going from an M3 competition to an M2 CS, to me it's worth it. The M2 is easily the best M car in the line up in terms of BMW heritage. Why not own the "ultimate" m2. The new M3 is a stunting car for instagram flex, devoid of any BMW roots and passion.

Add in the rarity factor, only manual available in "CS" form, factory tune with in-tact warranty, smaller wheelbase, adaptive suspension and all the aesthetic extras (OEM CF) and it's most def worth the price of admission.

Sure you can get a cheap CS knockoff hood on your m2c with iffy fitment and a bad paint match, unless you blend the fenders, which means you're modifying OEM paint on OEM panels and lowering the value of the car. I barely have any carbon on my m3 because I refuse to buy anything that isn't OEM - the quality of aftermarket CF sucks and I've tried all the brands. If you splurge on something like 3d design its actually MORE than OEM BMW.

Add in all the CF goodies and you're at or around the price of the M2 CS that you can finance in 1 package for 0.9 interest.

The M2C is a fantastic car with great value, if that's what you're shooting for, can't argue that.. you can make your m2 comp like a CS, but unless you cheap out on every part its been made clear that it'll cost you the same or more, minus the exclusivity, OEM, etc. I tuned my M3 and make more power than the M2 comp/CS, but I anxiously pray everytime I go WOT waiting for the crank to slip and BMW to tell me they aren't covering the car because of the tune.

I say don't knock people willing to spend the money, because I honestly don't see cheaping out and trying to make an M2C like a CS attractive either. The other thing I'll add is that early reviews that have come back on the CS have been fantastic- each version of the M2 has been "held back" in some regard in comparison to their bigger brother (m3/m4) - reviewers feel the car has been completely unleashed and that it's significantly better than the m3/m4 in every aspect without the worry of having to step on its big brother toes with those cars having gone out of production in favor for the g8x series.

Different strokes for different folks - doesn't make either approach "wrong'.
I don't see anyone knocking folks for getting the M2CS. I must have missed it? I do think there are very valid reasons for getting one, like the exclusivity factor, but other than the factory bump in HP and spoiler, very few of the features appeal to me.

I was offered my dealers one CS allocation, but I had already decided against it. I love my car as is and won't feel jealous when I see the CS around. Maybe later I will get a tune, but this cars performance potential in stock form is currently beyond my driving abilities.
2006 325i
Appreciate 0