View Single Post
      03-28-2020, 08:17 PM   #169
///Monika
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 X3 M40i & '18 M2

ZM2

Received the pump on Friday (woohoo). Started the install today (took lots of photos) and everything went perfect up until it was time to torque down the pump to the flange. Added a light coat of assembly lube to the bolts and aligned the pump and threaded the t30's by hand (90 degrees back and forth) until the pump was bottomed out and the bolts stopped turning. Using a Craftsman digital torque wrench, husband torqued in 90 degree rotations back and forth. Then it happened, the bolt (facing fuel rail) clocked up to 12-13nm then dropped back to 11. He immediately stopped. I could tell he was not happy. Removed the pump and the flange is borked. A nice thin piece of metal threaded out when he threaded the bolt in then back out. No idea why as he was ridiculously careful as everything indicated we should be careful at this point.

Husband emailed Chris at Dorch and got an immediate response (love these guys). A new flange is being sent out. Reason I wrote this is he indicated they might back the torque specs back from 15 to 12nm as this has happened before. Just an FYI when you install yours..

Also, I don't think the directions mentioned but the allen bolt (knock sensor) is 5mm.

--M
Appreciate 1
ZM22813.50