Thread: Camber Plates
View Single Post
      06-16-2017, 01:36 PM   #3
TimOudin
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tux2005 View Post
I'm sure other more knowledgeable people will chime in but my understanding is that while adjusting the camber value is as easy as you describe the issue is it also affects the toe-in which you cannot easily adjust.

So if you have a high negative camber for track use and the toe-in is set as desired then if you adjust the camber for street use then the toe-in will be thrown off for street use. Because of this I think it's common to set a compromise camber and toe-in and not adjust the camber frequently.
I won't claim to be more knowledgeable, far from it, but this description is consistent with experiences. My mechanic did an alignment for me in the past to attempt to have both street and track setups, marking both the camber plates and whatever it is that used to adjust toe. The impact to toe with a small change in camber was pretty significant, though this was not my M2 so YMMV. It proved to be such a hassle that I just ran -2.5 camber all year round and had absolutely no significant issue with excessive tire wear.
Appreciate 0