View Single Post
      04-02-2020, 10:30 PM   #6048
Ribosome
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 | 1995 M3

Went to a local tuner shop which was apparently well known in the track / autox crowd. I had them raise up my KW HAS a bit to get corner balancing then assess my suspension for a weird shaking / vibrating on braking and turning. They saw nothing wrong, said it was my brake rotors causing shaking, and a few hundred CAD later i'm out with an aligned/corner balanced car.

Issues continued so this morning, two weeks later, I took it to a local BMW dealership knowing that I won't get any warranty coverage but at least getting their foreman to assess. I used to work at this dealership when in university and its the same techs 5 years post-grad so I trust them. Within 5 minutes of the car on a hoist they found worn front "wishbone control arms". They said if anyone was aligning the car or fiddling with the coils it would be obvious with just "shaking it".

Paid way more than I expected for the part, install, and re-alignment despite given a small discount. I'm a front line hospital worker so the added stress from COVID, family losing jobs, and this unexpected expense really hurts...

Also asked them to drive the car for a clutch chatter. I specifically stated to do city driving.. they didn't so it couldn't be replicated. On my drive home from the dealer. Within two 4 way stops the chatter showed up.

On the plus side. I can turn left and hit my brakes without the car feeling like it's falling apart.
Appreciate 0