Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
MY2020 M4 Comp Pack pricing starts at $74K. If this car starts in the $70s, it'll absolutely kill the M4 sales. M2 CS will be lighter, have more power, and be more capable on the track. Honestly, even if the pricing starts in the $80s I would still choose this over an M4 any day. Really curious how BMW is gonna price it.
I don't know, I actually don't think there's a ton of cross shopping from M4 buyers. From my time at the other forum, there seems to be a huge portion of M4 buyers that are really image conscious and wouldn't be seen dead in a "2 series" even if it was faster and cheaper.
You're right, when members in the M4 forum suggest getting an M2C, they perceive it as taking a step down.. Sort of like how M2 owners look down on 240i drivers. The arrogance is quite an amusing observation on human nature.

Since they already announced the S58 and the new G series M4 mule was just seen being winter tested, I assume they're going to release it to coincide with the M2 CS, so it doesn't overlap in competition.
Appreciate 1
Robin_NL8717.00