View Single Post
      10-10-2023, 04:09 PM   #6
NewX7
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 35i, X7 (ordered)

My wife and I have a place in Potrero. I can tell you that the grocery stores there in Guanacaste on the coast are very small, very expensive and don’t have many fresh veggies or good looking meats. You should be able to find a fish monger in each little town that gets fresh fish every day, but cooking in an Airbnb could be a challenge if you are just visiting and don’t have time to be adventurous. I’ve heard good things about the all-inclusives but be careful with alcohol, I’ve heard some may use methanol tainted booze like is common in Mexico (do your own research of course). IMO, buy some good rum or tequila in the duty free and stick to beer or mixers in the all inclusive and bring your own hard liquor. ☺️. Overall though we much prefer Costa Rica over Mexico—it’s way safer and you don’t have to worry about Montezuma’s Revenge! It’s a great family friendly place to bring kids!

Not sure about the public transport thing, you may want to research that more. If you do rent a car be very careful driving and watch out for bikes without lights and people walking on busy narrow roads day and night as there are no sidewalks so the locals have no choice. Towns on the coast are super small and rustic and pre-arranged transportation is expensive. If you plan on exploring outside the hotel at all, outside of prearranged trips, it’s going to be a hassle exploring different beaches along the coast if you don’t have a car. Driving there can be harrowing, but if you take it slow and stick to paved roads you’ll be fine!

Last edited by NewX7; 10-10-2023 at 04:19 PM..
Appreciate 2
JMcLellan2082.50
nyalpine907440.50